Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Hilton Head To Annapolis

Thanks for the input guys (this place really does need a like button), I appreciate it. No doubt that schedule is subject to change, but it looks like there are plenty of plan B marina options if I hit the lock/bridges/etc wrong. I've had several folks tell me that Deltaville might be the better option for that last stop, assuming the timing works out that we get that far.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Deltaville Marina is very nice. They have a courtesy car and loaner bikes to get into town. Take a head lamp or something for the bikes.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Bird, the closest BBQ joint I know to the ICW is in Currituck, NC, but it is not on the water. You could look it up and see whether it's near one of your stops. It would be worth an Uber or Lyft. I think it's actually called Currituck BBQ, but not certain. I can find out if you wish.

Now then, my standard offer for any HOF member is that I buy them dinner in Annapolis. So keep in touch, and you'll get the benefit of our hospitality here.

Where to dock in Naptown: Yacht Basin, downtown on the harbor.

Rolands BBQ in Beaufort, NC is fantastic.... if you stay at Beaufort docks they have a courtesy car you can take... only about 5 minute drive from the dock
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    Rolands BBQ in Beaufort, NC is fantastic.... if you stay at Beaufort docks they have a courtesy car you can take... only about 5 minute drive from the dock
    I’m surprised that I haven’t discovered that place as the only barbecue I’ve found around Morehead is Smithfield’s. Their cue is actually pretty dang good, and their Brunswick Stew is great!
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Bird, the closest BBQ joint I know to the ICW is in Currituck, NC, but it is not on the water. You could look it up and see whether it's near one of your stops. It would be worth an Uber or Lyft. I think it's actually called Currituck BBQ, but not certain. I can find out if you wish.

Now then, my standard offer for any HOF member is that I buy them dinner in Annapolis. So keep in touch, and you'll get the benefit of our hospitality here.

Where to dock in Naptown: Yacht Basin, downtown on the harbor.
    Thanks Jim. I never figured you for a Carolina barbecue guy. I’m not exactly sure where the final destination is, but I’ll keep you posted. It would be nice to meet you after all these years. I’ll even wear shoes.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    It would be nice to meet you after all these years. I’ll even wear shoes.
    I might cash in my invite for that party.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Sure. Hell, how much can you spend on Birdseed? Easiest dinner I've ever bought. LOL All are welcome.

I was thinking of asking the bird to swing by Deale and check out my project. But the last thing I need is whatever avian virus he's got taking out one of my engines before I even launch!

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    I was thinking of asking the bird to swing by Deale and check out my project. But the last thing I need is whatever avian virus he's got taking out one of my engines before I even launch!
    Just for that, I'm not going to let you buy me dinner. Besides, I have a reputation to protect. A cat in a Hatt can't be seen with a Gomer in a Roamer.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93