Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Hilton Head To Annapolis

It's a crap shoot where the weather is concerned, but we're only talking two weeks from now. I'm game if the owner is, but there's gonna have to be a full enclosure and some heat on the bridge!! Otherwise, we're talking combat pay!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I noticed the mention of Coinjock, and the ICW, but no mention of fueling there. Coinjock always has best fuel price and cleanest fuel on East Coast. Its a funny "tie along" but usually a great steak dinner and great/cheap fuel. Plan accordingly. Once in The Chesapeake Bay past Norfolk, North of the Rappahannock River is Chesapeake Boat Basin, great dockage and awesome owners/ management.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    It's a crap shoot where the weather is concerned, but we're only talking two weeks from now. I'm game if the owner is, but there's gonna have to be a full enclosure and some heat on the bridge!! Otherwise, we're talking combat pay!
    Start watching Deadliest Catch reruns for raining purposes.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    I noticed the mention of Coinjock, and the ICW, but no mention of fueling there. Coinjock always has best fuel price and cleanest fuel on East Coast. Its a funny "tie along" but usually a great steak dinner and great/cheap fuel. Plan accordingly. Once in The Chesapeake Bay past Norfolk, North of the Rappahannock River is Chesapeake Boat Basin, great dockage and awesome owners/ management.
    Yep, that's a planned fuel stop. Figure I'll top off there and be done with fueling. Figure I'll top it off in HH then top it again somewhere up the line so I can get a baseline for fuel economy. Definitely planning on prime rib for dinner. I'll keep the other spot in mind. Thanks for the input.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

On the north side of the Alligator River Bridge on the west side is usually 10+cents cheaper a gallon than Coinjock. It is before you get in the canal where Coinjock is. The Prime Rib is worth the stop at Coinjock, no question.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

When you come through Wrightsville Beach I'll be more than happy to pick up some BBQ and pass it off. I'm at Bradley Creek Marina which is .25 mile from Wrightsville Marina
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    When you come through Wrightsville Beach I'll be more than happy to pick up some BBQ and pass it off. I'm at Bradley Creek Marina which is .25 mile from Wrightsville Marina
    I’m making a note of that for my next trip north.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I just noticed the schedule. 100 miles a day. Is that often doable? I guess if you find the right marina spacing.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    Much appreciated! Might just take you up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    I’m making a note of that for my next trip north.
    You’re not special, and you don’t even like BBQ. 
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    I just noticed the schedule. 100 miles a day. Is that often doable? I guess if you find the right marina spacing.
    There may be a leg or two where it’s not feasible, but marina spacing is no problem. The shorter days are definitely a factor.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93