Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 1980 Hatteras 58' LRC for Sale $350,000

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    You mean like this one?

Attachment 36092
    Yes. They made straight and curved seats. You can join them up in any configuration that fits the area and then have cushions made in any fabric and any thickness that suits your needs.

And the straight units have storage in them.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I actually just got rid of that one, it was way too big (due to its size and shape) and heavy for the space it provided. And it leaked on the top. There really wasn't any consideration for keeping water out. My plan is to build/ put something in the back once those stanchions are 90 degrees, and I will still have a lot more room than I had.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    I actually just got rid of that one, it was way too big (due to its size and shape) and heavy for the space it provided. And it leaked on the top. There really wasn't any consideration for keeping water out. My plan is to build/ put something in the back once those stanchions are 90 degrees, and I will still have a lot more room than I had.
    Most I've seen have cushions then have canvas covers over that so no leaks.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

So I'm about a year late to join this thread, but I will need to replace my flybridge seating as well.

I've looked for several weeks and considered several different ideas, but not found anything I like. For me, pontoon seating is out. Just isn't befitting a Hatteras (in my opinion). There was one company (now owned by Yamaha) that made the closest to perfect solution, but they stopped making them a few years ago.

So, I guess I will be building them myself. I wish I had an original to model from, but I can pretty much build something that will look similar - while having changes to prevent water intrusion. This project will most likely commence sometime next month.

If anyone has any great suggestions please let me know.

PS, it looks like I will also need to fabricate the two curved windscreen (venturi?) sections - as they are missing.

Replaced original hatteras Seating with this
    Attached Images