Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Trouble shooting Princess stove

My 120 Volt Princess stove popped the breaker.
    Upon examination I found that the oven control switch was loose and rotated into contact with the frame.
    After fixing that I noticed that even with the breaker off I was getting electrical tingle when touching the frame and the toggle switches. If I shut off the main , no current, but no matter which individual breaker I closed the current remained. Suggestions ??

Re: Trouble shooting Princess stove

Quote Originally Posted by rob71 View Post
    My 120 Volt Princess stove popped the breaker.
    Upon examination I found that the oven control switch was loose and rotated into contact with the frame.
    After fixing that I noticed that even with the breaker off I was getting electrical tingle when touching the frame and the toggle switches. If I shut off the main , no current, but no matter which individual breaker I closed the current remained. Suggestions ??
    Sounds like reverse polarity. Have you tried it on a different pedestal or on genny power?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Trouble shooting Princess stove

Thanks Sky,
    The polarity test on the panel does not light up.
    I just checked some of the outlets with a plug-in tester and found some are correct but one had open neutral and another had open ground apparently I have more than one problem.