Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Salon sectional

Salon sectional

Good morning! We are new owners of an 89 Hatteras 60 foot motor yacht. While my husband updates the electronics and mechanical stuff, I am trying to replace some of the furniture. I'm looking for suggestions to see if anyone has put a sectional couch in the salon. If so, can I please see pictures and will you share where you bought them? Thank you so much! I am a bit overwhelmed

Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Re: Salon sectional

If you haven’t ventured into the brochure archives on this forum, here’s what your boat looked like with the factory salon furniture.

https://www.hatterasowners.com/Broch...Y/60MY67CY.htm
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Not to be sexist but remember it’s a boat not a house. A lot of these great boats have been ruined by an “admiral” who thinks she’s a decorator and playing tit for tat just because the poor husband bought a GPS. These boats always look best when restored to original. Gluing plastic mirrors everywhere and painting the natural wood with pastels sac religious. Just saying!
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

We are in the process of ordering custom sectionals from a company who had a booth at FLIBS.

The company is Glastop Marine Furniture out of Pompano Beach, FL. www.glastop.com

All their products are build to suit, so they can deliver any size, style or colour you want.
    Cost was not too bad. $6700 for sofa, love seat and a 90d corner curve. All pieces had storage under the seat cushions.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    If you haven’t ventured into the brochure archives on this forum, here’s what your boat looked like with the factory salon furniture.

https://www.hatterasowners.com/Broch...Y/60MY67CY.htm
    She's only looking for a couch!!!!!!!!!!

ART
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Not to be sexist but remember it’s a boat not a house. A lot of these great boats have been ruined by an “admiral” who thinks she’s a decorator and playing tit for tat just because the poor husband bought a GPS. These boats always look best when restored to original. Gluing plastic mirrors everywhere and painting the natural wood with pastels sac religious. Just saying!
    She's only looking for a couch !!!!!!!!!

Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Wow...And it's "sacrilegious"
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLE View Post
    She's only looking for a couch!!!!!!!!!!

ART
    Uh, she's looking for photos that will give her some ideas. I've seen photos of her current salon furniture and thought it might be helpful to see what Hatteras thought looked good. What was your contribution again?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Wow...And it's "sacrilegious"
    What does religion have to do with choosing furniture?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

At the risk of adding SOMETHING ELSE constructive to this conversation, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. Household furniture may not be the optimum height to match your salon windows, and it also tends to rearrange itself in a decent sea. This is something I've run into quite a bit with river boaters who decide to venture into big water for the first time. It can be a humbling experience and result in devastating doodad damage.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93