Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Salon sectional

Re: Salon sectional

https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sh...Dottieshusband

Sorry about the lack of drama in my post, but here's a thread with one of the best looking sectionals I have seen.

Look best to restored as original?? Sure... let’s keep the shaggy 70s carpet, Formica counter tops, and linoleum flooring.

Yes many boats have been ruined with silly interiors suggesting 70s and 80s vintage interior is plain silly

Check out Www.graftonfurniture.com. They work with many boat builders. They made all the couches and sectionals on the 84 Lazzara I run and it s excellent quality
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Household furniture may not be the optimum height to match your salon windows, and it also tends to rearrange itself in a decent sea.
    Perhaps, but some of that Value City Furniture we so often see in boats looks so nautical.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Not to be sexist but remember it’s a boat not a house. A lot of these great boats have been ruined by an “admiral” who thinks she’s a decorator and playing tit for tat just because the poor husband bought a GPS. These boats always look best when restored to original. Gluing plastic mirrors everywhere and painting the natural wood with pastels sac religious. Just saying!
    I AGREE

And its worth saying. Nice post, Mr. Smith.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Find someone who knows about putting furniture into boats. Most stuff made for land use is too big for the kinds of spaces you have in boats. And some fabrics and padding do well in the marine environment, and some don't do well at all. Keeping it simple and uncluttered is a prudent way to go. Also remember your furniture may be sliding around in a seaway and plan accordingly. Sofas, sectionals etc made for yachts will typically have storage in them, too, which comes in handy.

Captain here, all great suggestions! I suggested she post here because I knew she’d get some great ideas. She also posted on the Hatteras Facebook page which was equally as helpful. Can’t wait to see her response to Rsmith’s post. I’m sure you meant it to be helpful but it comes across kind of rough. Remember if you start a statement by saying your not a whatever it usually means you are. Funny thing about this boat, she’s totally into it, all of it. Further she is waiting until all of the mechanical and safety issues are addressed before she spends anything on the flooring and furniture. Keeping the great post coming and thank you!
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Cant help with the furniture but I'm real good with the electronics.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

IMO every inch of storage space on these boats is worth it's weight in gold. To put in store bought furniture would be giving up a tremendous amount of under-seat storage space. I'd suggest having a set custom built to fit the space and give you ample under-seat storage space whether it be drawers or hinge up seats.

I apologize for other members who may have come across harsh, this is a rough time of season for many of us as the cold creeps in, we tend to be a crabby bunch and slightly into our feelings this time of year lol. I think what they really meant to say was that it would not be a good idea to go to big lots and buy a sectional designed to go in a house, it probably won't fit well and it will look 'odd' plus, like I said, you will give up tons of valuable storage space.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

You also might think about attending FLIBS, there will probably be manufacturers there with examples of what they make, and lierature besides.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Look best to restored as original?? Sure... let’s keep the shaggy 70s carpet, Formica counter tops, and linoleum flooring.

Yes many boats have been ruined with silly interiors suggesting 70s and 80s vintage interior is plain silly

Check out Www.graftonfurniture.com. They work with many boat builders. They made all the couches and sectionals on the 84 Lazzara I run and it s excellent quality
    That was only on the tacky Miami editions Hatteras of Lauderdale modified during the Miami Vice era.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present