Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Panhandle Fuel Polishing

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    14 whole years WOW. And change filters with cosmic mind intuition. Maybe Randy should get some “essential oils” to get rid of his bad ju ju too
    Only if it comes in grape and is guaranteed to prevent/dissolve kidney stones.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    The simple beauty of a fuel crossover is shining bright here. It’s not just filters that crap clogs.
    The Idea and plan is to get rid of the crap and keep it out. But then you may have something like a bottle cap left over been there after I got rid of the crap but some think 14 years of no problems is no big deal
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    I don't run vacuum gauges because I don't have fuel problems
    Well if you ever do have fuel problems, you'll be the last to know. I imagine your cooling system is good along with your lube oil pressure. So have you done away with those gauges as well? That's just bizarre.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Well if you ever do have fuel problems, you'll be the last to know. I imagine your cooling system is good along with your lube oil pressure. So have you done away with those gauges as well? That's just bizarre.
    Bizarre is your reply you really going to compare them like that wow ....... Now that is pretty funny.....

So please let me know when I do since I will be the last to know! 😁😁😁
    LOL
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Actually just a comment. Sorry if you’re offended.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I routinely draw a sample of fuel from the bottom of my fuel tank (I have another tank but that is a different story) and the fuel is clean and no water. My filters have been very clean after each change. I just took apart, cleaned and replaced the bowls on all four of my 900 series Racors. They were dirty and probably had not been serviced in years.

I have vacuum gauges and use them.

Well all is well until I take on a load of bad fuel somewhere. I would rather just keep on checking the bottom of my fuel tank and do my regular boat checks (including looking at my Racor's bowls and gauges) while under way.

An old friend of mine who was a skipper on a mine sweeper use to say - "you get what you inspect"!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia