Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Galley Maid water pump won’t shut off

Thanks all! Learning a lot about my water system. Pretty sure you are all correct on the stator. I have the low pressure switch but it didn’t shut the pump down. Talked to Galley Maid and they also said that the stator is probably toast.

Easy fix. Suggest replacing water seal at same time.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by gmcop1 View Post
    Thanks all! Learning a lot about my water system. Pretty sure you are all correct on the stator. I have the low pressure switch but it didn’t shut the pump down. Talked to Galley Maid and they also said that the stator is probably toast.
    Rick is a great guy. If you have a bunch of Galley Maid equipment, drive over and meet him sometime just because. He’s a one man show, as 99% of their business (run by the 2 grandsons of the founder) is now contract fabrication work for big industrial OEM’s. When Rick retires, the Galley Maid show will be over.
    Last edited by wpc691; 11-12-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

I may do that sometime because they are only an hour and a half away. In the mean time I found a factory rebuilt pump at my local consignment shop for $100. I’ll put the new one in and rebuild the old one.

I agree. I brought him my windlass for rebuilt and 24 volt conversion earlier this year. Great job. Most of their work is indeed machining now so at some point support will end.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat