Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Missed my supper tonight

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    Do you know why it sank?
    Water got inside it. Ba-dum bum.

Re: Missed my supper tonight

Well they are supposed to buy everyones breakfast Sunday AM at the marina. Word is once it was put on the travel lift no hull damage was noted and there were no bad thru hulls, hoses, etc.. Engines reportedly cranked but I doubt the computers have much life left in them.

Story is it had some water in the bilge due to a bad bilge pump. Of course there was no high water alarm. I observed one bilge pump going during the entire scenario. As these things are usually a comedy of errors they found a plug out of the rear bulkhead that was supposed to keep water from getting in to the foam filled cavity. News is water is still dripping out of it.

Supposedly the captain didn't notice it was getting heavy in the back until too late. He slowed down quickly when coming in to a no wake zone and water ran over the back swim deck. The hatches in the deck began letting more water in and kept them under until the point of no return.