Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Manuals and drawings on PDF

Robert Clarkson put a link on another thread that was a 92 series manual. I immediately downloaded it and put it on my IPad. I intend to scan all the drawings and info that came with Esperanza both to back up and have easily available for viewing.

As a contractor who was an old school paper drawings guy it took me a bit to get used to electronic drawings. Once I did I was hooked. I have on a tablet and my phone a giant library of multiple jobs at my fingertips. Could not possibly carry around that many rolls of paper drawings and also easily access and search them.

Anyway these files are easy to share. We should all scan and share as well as also back up all this valuable info. Using a tablet or even a phone in an engine room is very convenient. We do this all the day on the job and it’s kinda amazing.

The app I use for my files is GoodReader. Good stuff but there also has to be other good apps.

Thoughts and opinions?

Jim, possible to create an FTP to post and download from?

Re: Manuals and drawings on PDF

Im still a bit old school when it comes to paper plans. I have adapted to electronic versions but still have trouble navigating from page to page. I always make notes on plans and use highlighters. I had to review a contract today and printed all 80 pages because I got tired of staring at the computer screen. I also miss the ammonia smell of new blue prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Im still a bit old school when it comes to paper plans. I have adapted to electronic versions but still have trouble navigating from page to page. I always make notes on plans and use highlighters. I had to review a contract today and printed all 80 pages because I got tired of staring at the computer screen. I also miss the ammonia smell of new blue prints.
    Try asparagus
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Can meet up and show you a few things. It’s pretty cool. Especially since you can mark up, erase, and make other copies with different markups for various reasons.

Recently threw out “The log” as I called it. Plans for Busch Gardens fire alarms from 2008. Probably weighed about 10 Lbs or more.

But a different subject. Let’s all scan and share all the important historical documents we have!

I may take you up on that some day. Right now I am busy trying to get projects out the door for bid and organize a department that we can't even find the "logs" to throw away.