Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fuel bubbles in racor

I have small bubbles in one racor . Any suggestions?

Re: Fuel bubbles in racor

Check the o rings , probably need to be replaced. A new filter comes with a new o ring
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Air being pulled into the Racor. Start at the most common places, o ring on T handle,or lid gasket. Smear some Vaseline onto each and tighten for a quick check.
    Capt. Rob

If the bubbles are coming from the bottom of the Racore while the motor is running you may have a crack or the dump valve on the bottom has a leak. Mine did and I had to change it, it fixed it immediately.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have bubbles in one rancor also, they disappear when I switch to the other tank. This means a leak in the supply lines. I haven’t found the culprit yet, but I suspect a hole in the standpipe in the tank.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    I have bubbles in one rancor also, they disappear when I switch to the other tank. This means a leak in the supply lines. I haven’t found the culprit yet, but I suspect a hole in the standpipe in the tank.
    Or in the valve/hose assembly
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

From an old MB&S magazine look a this Tip: " If bubbles rise up through the bowl, the pet cock is leaking. Should boubles circulate from the intake down across the turbine area, there is a leak between the fuel tank and the filter ". I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by piripucha View Post
    From an old MB&S magazine look a this Tip: " If bubbles rise up through the bowl, the pet cock is leaking. Should boubles circulate from the intake down across the turbine area, there is a leak between the fuel tank and the filter ". I hope this helps.
    My pet cock leaked air and starved my motor. It’s very easy to see to start the motor and you’ll see the bubbles coming up from the bottom.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

If the bubbles are big enough you can end up with an air bound engine.......been there when, had to get mechanic to come and prime the engine, no fun....
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four