Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Cleaning the A/C water cooling system / How to

The outlet tubes from my pumps would take more alteration than using an existing 3/4 NPT fitting I have on the pump inlet plumbing. Is there supposed to be a zinc in there?I’ll need to remove the impeller. But once I’ve flushed everything completely then it’s not much trouble to just flush the system when I change impellers in the future. And if I set up a hose barb like Robert did I can fresh water flush anytime I want to.
    Attached Images
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

One hour to go on flushing my AC system. I’m able to do all four at once thanks to a good idea from a prior owner to manifold all four intakes together. With all new clamps, some new hoses and taking the AC pump home for cleaning and painting I’ll have squared away one tiny corner of one big engine room.
    Attached Images
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

Quote Originally Posted by dar636 View Post
    The outlet tubes from my pumps would take more alteration than using an existing 3/4 NPT fitting I have on the pump inlet plumbing. Is there supposed to be a zinc in there?I’ll need to remove the impeller. But once I’ve flushed everything completely then it’s not much trouble to just flush the system when I change impellers in the future. And if I set up a hose barb like Robert did I can fresh water flush anytime I want to.
    Affirmative on zinc. Be sure to remove your other zincs before cleaning. Also clamp off line to dripless seal if you have them.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC