Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Another Galley Maid pump problem...

My 32v fw pump keeps shutting down on me while the dishwasher or washing machine is running. Can't figure it out. The pump is not 3 months old.

What's odd is that all I have to do to re-start is flick the pump switch and it reprimes itself. I'm convinced it has something to do with the size of demand (dishwasher or washing machine needing more supply than say the shower or a lav).

Is it possible or likely that using this higher demand equipment is causing a blockage of some sort in the lines? This must have something to do with an obstruction of some kind since without having to manually re-prime it, the pump just cranks back up and water flows normally...... No?

Re: Another Galley Maid pump problem...

Is the pump running and then just quits or is it that the pump just doesn't start up when the pressure drops below the cut-in?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Another Galley Maid pump problem...

give them a call, they are very helpful.

does it stop turning, if so it woudl be the pressure switch since it has a safety to turn off the pump if the pressure doens' build up.

or does it keep running, with no pressure / no prime ? could that be the check valve on the suction side ?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat