Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Request Diesel Mechanic recommendation Fort Myers Fla

Can anyone recommend a Mechanic? I have 8v71Ti's with Allison Transmissions....The boat is in Ft Myers. Need to service, change oil /filters and install a set of brand new turbo's I just received from East Coast Diesel in Lynbrook NY (thanks again Derek for all your help and guidance).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Request Diesel Mechanic recommendation Fort Myers Fla

Try Rob Brylinski at (239) 910-6278. I used him once and liked him. He comes off as professional and did what he said when he said he would do it.

Wish I knew somebody down there to help you out, but thank you for the purchase and the endorsement.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    Try Rob Brylinski at (239) 910-6278. I used him once and liked him. He comes off as professional and did what he said when he said he would do it.
    I used Rob once. I was pleased as well.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Thanks Everyone, I will call Rob on Monday.

R

Rob was recommended to myself, however we never used him and we have sold the boat. I would have used him for a cylinder head rebuild tho.
    Regards
    Dan

Thanks Dan

Charlie Hayman is very good and works for Detroit Diesel in Fort Myers

How is it you ordered parts but dont have a mechanic to install them?

Was it a survey that determined what needs replacement?

I parts from Derek too but usually have myself or a mechanic already on the job. I also never count on having all the parts, pieces, bolts and gaskets until its apart and I can determine what can be reused.

I just had exhaust manifold gaskets swapped on a customers 5.9 cummins. Ordered all new bolts studs and gaskets. After tear down i didnt need to change the turbo mounting gasket so i have a spare and 4 studs and nuts left over. I'll probably put them in a bag and mark it so it's harder to loose for the next time I need them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks northshoreone, I'll check him out too.

Boatsb - I had a Mechanic but He died rather suddenly and in the middle of working on one of the Engines/ turbo's. The turbo's were in bad shape and needed to be replaced (one was worse than the other but either way both needed replacement). It took me some time to identify the replacement turbo because the turbo's had no identification numbers / model numbers, but once I got the info Derek helped me and ordered them.

For the turbo's none of the old parts are being reused (from the gaskets to the nuts /bolts and washers). I don't think the nuts/bolts have ever been turned since the were installed 40+ years ago.....had a hell of a time separating the turbo's from everything and need all new bolts/nuts/washers and gaskets.

The plan is to have the turbo's reinstalled, both engines and tranny's given the once over, including all fluids and filters changed, and anything else that needs to be fixed or replaced. I didn't get a through update from my Mechanic before He passed away, so I am starting from a base line of zero and will have to build from there.

So, I'll be gathering the pieces / parts so I will have all the oil / T fluid / radiator / filters / nuts and bolts....etc ready for the Mechanic.

Thanks,
    R
    Last edited by ralexa6808; 10-27-2019 at 07:33 PM.