Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Re: Heat Rejecting Window Film

We had the 3M ceramics (IIRC) to our pilot house windows and the 3 forward facing windows are a clear version that actually reduced glare for night vision. We have had it for about 6 years and have been very happy with the product.
    Beachcomber
    Former 3 Hat owner
    Home port Paducah, KY

Re: Heat Rejecting Window Film

The previous owners of my 61' put V-Cool on every piece of glass on the boat and as far as heat rejection goes I have never seen anything better. It is what they use on all the big yachts with acres of glass. As far as the price goes it is CRAZY EXPENSIVE, and very difficult to install properly. You need a professional installer as the process is not the same as just throwing on some 3m window tint.

Quote Originally Posted by rourkeh View Post
    The previous owners of my 61' put V-Cool on every piece of glass
    I can't imagine what that must of cost.

They probably spent around $15,000. I bought some of the film from a dealer in Florida to do 5 small hatches on my 44' sailboat and it ended up costing me about $400 per hatch. The stuff really works. I can put my hand up against the glass in the salon in direct sunlight in the middle of the day and can't feel the heat. I am in St Maarten.