Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Yes. I make money having fun. The girls love my huge bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Hey!
    I resemble that remark!

Sincerely,
    The odd Viking owner
    I thought you might like that, but I wasn’t implying that you were odd. A little weird maybe, but that sort of goes along with that whole, geographically-challenged thing that you’ve left behind. Then again, you went far enough south to strike north again.

Maybe we should get into the fuzzy bareboat charter thing too. I have a 100T Master AND a YouTube account. We could give MASTERSPAM some competition with $100 strippers and free boat driving lessons. It could be UGE!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERPLAN MIAMI View Post

As far as the water leak. The only place I know of and was able to source is the drive shaft packing glands....
    Maybe you should fix this leak...seems crazy you let it go so long. On the scale of boat repair tasks, making sure the packing is free from leaks is at the same level as ensuring bird shit isn't on the deck.

I do like the Captain hat. And wish you luck on the venture. Keep it up and in a few short years you should have enough experience to be the chief officer or captain on one of the cruise ships in Miami!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

I can’t imagine letting a stuffing box leak to the point of filling the ER bilge twice a day and not do something about it right away. Same with a bad bilge pump. These are not fix tomorrow items.

You got lucky this time, don’t push your luck. Bilge pumps, float switches and high water alarms should be tested monthly
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks Masterplan for the "education". But that wasn't the question. Most people here know the law. They are wondering how you claim to be legal within the law, as most of the "evidence" shown doesn't give that impression.

Everything we've read about Masterplan is that it's yours, you live on it and you're making a go of the new lifestyle. Now the fact that you put it in your Mothers name (or something like that) may make it TECHNICALLY not yours, but it's a stretch, and lawyers would make that stretch a lot shorter.

As far as being a Coast Guard INSPECTED vessel.... The vids show a ton of things that are NOT compliant (Lets start with your railing height for instance). So you mean "Inspected" with a big square sticker that says so, or are you playing the card that the Auxiliary is technically part of the coast guard and the "Safety Inspection" makes it so?

Bottom line is that you arranged for $10,000 worth of "bareboat" with you in the grocery store and at the helm on every one of them.... if it walks like a duck....

But you're right, our "ignorance" here matters not. It's what the Coast Guard and ultimately the Courts think that matters. Make sure none of those bikini cladded beauties end up in the drink and you in court. Gonna be a bad day for you.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 10-22-2019 at 01:09 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    Yes, UGE, as in making boat chartering great again! We don’t need no steenking laws!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93