Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

bilge pump for shower sump

Does anyone still make a small 500-800 gph pump in 32 volts?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Re: bilge pump for shower sump

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    Does anyone still make a small 500-800 gph pump in 32 volts?
    I don't know of any. I've had a Rule 2000 (32V) in my shower sump since I've owned Aslan (4-1/2 yrs.) with no issues.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

SPX (Johnson pump) will make them to order. I had this conversation with the VP of Sales Last week at IBEX. Let me see if I can get a port number and procedure for ordering.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Since it is intermittent duty, would a 24v pump be an acceptable substitute? And would one be easier to find or be cheaper?
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    SPX (Johnson pump) will make them to order. I had this conversation with the VP of Sales Last week at IBEX. Let me see if I can get a port number and procedure for ordering.
    That would be very helpful. Thanks.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

6. Re: bilge pump for shower sump

I would stay with 2000 GPH. Since the water is being pushing the water up hill you want enough pressure to fully discharge and not have half the water run back down causing it to cycle twice as often.

I believe 32v Rule 2000 pumps are still available. I have three that have given no issues since I bought boat five years ago. Probably because I bought a spare pump.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

You need a bigger sump with a 2000 as the hose is bigger and more water flows back.

One solution would be to use a smaller 24v pump powered by 3 of your 4 8v batteries. Not ideal but since shower sinks don’t run that much it should not affect the lifespan of the batteries.

Personally I d go with a 2000 in a larger sump as it doubles as a back up bilge pjmpn
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat