Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Newbie here with 92658 questions...

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Now I HAVE seen everything. A Bayliner with an Ultra anchor. Good for them.
    Worth as much as some Bayliners.
    Attached Images
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

A customer with the same boat was on the hard and a sailboat next to it fell over and it did major damage. He is having it rebuilt. For some reason they k ow it's a cheaply built boat but they have a following
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I have a 12' center console RIB with a 25hp and with full fuel and battery comes in ~650lbs. The center console and flat floor aspect adds a decent amount of weight. I use a transom mounted davit to launch and retrieve. It takes a few minutes either way and is easy to single hand.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13YoW6CAiYI
    Greg Harrington
    43 DCFB 1977 w/Cummins 903 M1 (340HP)
    Hull #454

Greg,

I was typing an email to you when you sent this. I was wondering, of course, the cost and if you had to beef up the transom to support the Pacific model. Maybe I'll just call. LOL.

...b

It's surprising the following that those diesel Bayliners have. They continue to be popular. From what I've heard, they are reliable, cheap to buy, and have good accommodations in them. Not plush, certainly, but adequate.

I’ll change your mind on the Bayliner. I surveyed a 4588 with the Hino Diesels. It was lifted out of the water on a pretty narrow travel lift and one side about in the center of the boat was actually crushed in by the strap on the travel lift. The guy that was buying it bailed out and a friend of mine bought the boat for $50,000.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I’ll change your mind on the Bayliner. I surveyed a 4588 with the Hino Diesels. It was lifted out of the water on a pretty narrow travel lift and one side about in the center of the boat was actually crushed in by the strap on the travel lift. The guy that was buying it bailed out and a friend of mine bought the boat for $50,000.
    That actually surprises me, but who paid for the damage?

I ran one of those boats with Hino's many years ago and have been aboard a couple since. I've always liked the 45 and 38 and thought they were built much better than the smaller boats. Maybe the later models were lightened/cheapened up. The one I ran was a mid-80's model.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

It is my understanding that the 4588 and smaller were built a bit light, the 4788 and larger were built a lot better and that has been my experience with surveys of these boats. Have done quite a few 4588 and some 4788 and 5788 and the larger ones are definitely built better, in fact the larger ones are actually pretty good boats overall. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    It is my understanding that the 4588 and smaller were built a bit light, the 4788 and larger were built a lot better and that has been my experience with surveys of these boats. Have done quite a few 4588 and some 4788 and 5788 and the larger ones are definitely built better, in fact the larger ones are actually pretty good boats overall. John
    Whose insurance paid for that damage from the haul out?

I assume someone's did.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

My friend who bought the boat was able to fix it himself with a little help for about $3800.00 in materials and a lot of fiberglassing. As to the insurance question I assume the previous owners policy might have given him something because the boat was undergoing a purchase survey at the time so he still owned it. The yards on the west coast make you sign a release so the yard is not liable for any damage they do. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406