Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sportfish RAMMING SPEED

Shotgun start tournaments get ugly from time to time but this is ridiculous! This was in Mexico a few days ago. Looks like the filming boat was the one to cut off boat 2 who was coming up hot. Stupid, wreckless none the less for two boats to get this close.
    https://www.facebook.com/piscessport...type=2&theater

Re: Sportfish RAMMING SPEED

Money still can't buy brains.

But it sure was interesting.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

They're telling people the boat got struck by lightning just before the tourny and that's why they lost control.
    Not sure I'm believing that one although some Vikings use an electronic device/intrerface that modifies the rudder turn speed related to boat speed. Some also might be using and all electronic helm too, no hydraulics at the bridge.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    They're telling people the boat got struck by lightning just before the tourny and that's why they lost control.
    Not sure I'm believing that one although some Vikings use an electronic device/intrerface that modifies the rudder turn speed related to boat speed. Some also might be using and all electronic helm too, no hydraulics at the bridge.
    The plot thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    I don't believe I believe that. That excuse would work fine at the dock, but not out there.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqJqZKL8uEU

Typical sport fish jock behavior... their wake don’t stink... too lazy to tweak the AP to pass at a safe distance in open water...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Typical sport fish jock behavior... their wake don’t stink... too lazy to tweak the AP to pass at a safe distance in open water...
    You think the AP was engaged in that situation?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I wonder if the Viking didn't get sucked in by one of the other wakes. Not that pulling back on the throttles a little wouldn't have avoided the whole mess. But it just seems like an odd situation for someone to deliberately put themselves in.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I wonder if the Viking didn't get sucked in by one of the other wakes. Not that pulling back on the throttles a little wouldn't have avoided the whole mess. But it just seems like an odd situation for someone to deliberately put themselves in.
    Looked like that to me. Got sucked in, then big time bow steer.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93