Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Watertank baffle repair

The Maretron sender uses ultrasound (I think) and attaches to NEMA 2000 network.
    To be able to read the "top" of the tank you have to use their "focus tube" which raises the sender a few inches.
    The focus tube also helps for more accurate readings while underway (planing).
    The sender or tube attaches to the 5 bolt hole tank sender that's part of the plates on the tanks. Maretron has other install adapters.
    Did our forward tank last fall, we haven't messed with calibrating it yet as it's pretty good out of the box, and was waiting to do them all at once.
    Of course nothing is ever easy, for all the other tanks we have to add a 5 bolt hole because we used the 5 bolt hole tank sender ports for our fuel polisher set up.
    And there's no access to the water tank plate so it's going in a plate we added for new pick ups many years ago.

After looking at other options, especially Oceanic Systems, Maretron looked to be easiest (also very available) and we already have some other Maretron stuff that's been good.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Finished the project except for painting the top of the tank and also repainting the rest of the hall floor.
    Just ran out of time because we had winterize a lot of stuff and put the boat in the yard for the winter late Saturday.
    Also, we did get the rest of the Maretron senders installed in the aft and mid fuel tanks but still have to run some N2k wires to get them going, at least the hard work is done.
    Attached Images
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns

Hi Cricket,

Great job!!! :-) Can I ask what paint you are using on your floors/tanks? I have to make a new hatch for access to the aft fuel tank.

Thanks
    -------------------------
    Richard
    1985 Motor Yacht 48
    DD 6V92 TA
    Montreal, Canada

I see you removed the wood rub rail. Mine has been a constant source of maintenance. How’s it work out without it? Where did you get hauled?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Did you use a focus tube for all tanks including the fuel
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Usually use Awlgrip for everything except the outside where we like Imron. For this we used some Pettit bilge paint because we were in a rush and it was in the garage ready to go. Of course now I'm wishing we waited and used Awlgrip.

Scott, our rub rail is some sort of hard vinyl from Barbour Plastics that is painted with Imron just like the rest of the outside of the boat., installed it probably around 1987 so I guess it's been okay. If I was installing it today I might put in on with epoxy instead of 5200 because we end up having some paint cracks in the joint. Could be a little larger, only holds a 3/4" stainless but at least we haven't had to deal with any rot or cracking. A really nice addition was the fiberglass aft bumper rails we got from Slane which are glassed on.
    We're hauled out in Somers Point at C-Jam which used to be Stanley Haine's Pacemaker dealership way back in the day.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns

Looking tiny next to a Hatteras MY, if it's staying for the winter it will block a lot wind for us.
    Hope the yard gets the shrink on soon so we can start working on the console before it gets too cold.
    Attached Images
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns