Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: HattaRetirement

Re: HattaRetirement

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Okay, I finally gave up and consulted a professional who filled me in on all the details. In short, this spousal benefit deal is geared toward those who have little or no benefit based on their own work record. He confirmed that the SSA site does a lousy job explaining this scenario, and the ex's numbers would indeed have to be double mine before I would realize any benefit. Given she's five years younger and still working, hopefully she will continue to get some nice pay increases to where her numbers will in fact be more than double mine by the time she files for benefits.

All that said, I will officially "retire" tomorrow, given the SSA office closes at 1 on Wednesdays. Then it will be more days like any other day until I start getting money FROM the government for a change.
    Congratulations. Future generations may not see the return on investment. I hope to get at least a few years worth.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Congratulations. Future generations may not see the return on investment. I hope to get at least a few years worth.
    "Return on investment"?

That's a good one! I'm sure the government has made more off my money they kept all these years vs what I'll get back. That being said, just think of how much money you're saving by being boatless.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    "Return on investment"?

That's a good one! I'm sure the government has made more off my money they kept all these years vs what I'll get back. That being said, just think of how much money you're saving by being boatless.
    Google "sarcasm"...... (There, we're even.)

Meanwhile I have a 40' boat on 6 wheels sitting in the driveway, a seriously bad "investment" and my (marine) boat owning years far outnumber the ones where I'm saving. Plus, it's about to get a lot worse in the next few.

All good though. We're having a good time and it's only money.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay