Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Any Zipwake Trim Tab Info

Been looking at the Zipwake trim tab product distributed by Imtra.
    Anybody know anything. Thanks
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Re: Any Zipwake Trim Tab Info

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Been looking at the Zipwake trim tab product distributed by Imtra.
    Anybody know anything. Thanks
    Long time lurker here but I do have some feedback on Zipwakes. I think the systems are fantastic and much more sophisticated than the Lenco or Bennett auto trim correction systems. If I spent much time on plane I would seriously consider replacing my factory tabs. However I spend 95% of my running time around hull speed.

My buddy is the local Imtra rep in my area of Canada and while they haven't done many installations in our area, every installation has resulted in a very satisfied customer. He told me of one case of a mid-50' Sea Ray that had severe issues planing with the factory tabs due to large dinghy on platform etc. Apparently the owner couldn't believe the difference in performance. Another satisfied customer was the owner of my marina with a large Intrepid center console with twin 300hp outboards.

A captain in Chicago (Albert Bartkus) installed a set of Zipwakes on a classic 1960 50' Chris-Craft Constellation with success. https://lifeofacaptain.com/?s=zipwake I have asked him about it and he says there is a noticeable damping of roll while planing.

Find out who your local Imtra rep is and get him to give you examples of installations on boats similar to your Hatteras. I'm sure you'll be able to track down a few owners for real world feedback.
    Warren
    1973 Chris-Craft 47 Commander
    1994 Sea Ray Laguna 16SC
    (wannabe Hatteras owner)

I am going to be adding one of these systems on my boat. I have heard the zipwake is for smaller boats, less than 45'. I am going to add the humphree interceptors. They are much more substantial and made for larger boats, mine is a 60. There are different levels, you can get just trim control, or/and add a stabilizing system.

I was looking at zipwake any thoughts if
    Would be effective at 11 knots any thoughts

I too am considering the new tabs for my 98 43' CNV, I am trying to complete some due diligence as I am concerned about the weight (45K)and speed.