Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Petro Pure/Algae X

Currently installed on 1989 60' MY but not connected to anything. She also has a feel polishing system on board that is connected and functional.

Any thoughts on reviving and keeping the Algae-X and Petro Pure or just unwanted dead weight?

Sorry about the image, on my laptop they view correctly.
    Attached Images

Re: Petro Pure/Algae X

doesn't look like either are connected anyhow .unless you have fuel issues why bother and open another avenue for vacuum leaks ..............Pat

You are correct. This system is not connected to anything but the bulk head. I hate having anything onboard that does nothing or will do nothing. It's just dead weight. However, I can't count the number of dead weight items I have gotten rid of only to have regrets later. In this case I'm a noob and don't want to make a regretful mistake.

I'd get the manufacturers' brochures and see whether you want to keep them.

Years back someone was selling "magnet pack" fuel purifiers which were complete nonsense. If either of them is such a device, I recommend putting them on eBay so someone else can get them at a bargain price. It will be less than list, but still way too much.

e Algae X attached to the Racors for both engines and the genset, I was a non believer at first but actually believe they work. We have far less fuel issues post install than before, just my 2 cents.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E