Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fuel Line(s) Leak

After 44 years of service it was bound to happen. I have developed a fuel leak in one or more of the fuel/return lines in my 1975 Hatteras M/Y. Looked for the leak but couldn't find unless I rip up the floor which I don't want to do. I'm thinking of replacing all supply and return lines with rubber hoses made for diesel. Has any of you had a similar problem and how you solved it?

Re: Fuel Line(s) Leak

Quote Originally Posted by CapetaniosG View Post
    After 44 years of service it was bound to happen. I have developed a fuel leak in one or more of the fuel/return lines in my 1975 Hatteras M/Y. Looked for the leak but couldn't find unless I rip up the floor which I don't want to do. I'm thinking of replacing all supply and return lines with rubber hoses made for diesel. Has any of you had a similar problem and how you solved it?
    Not exactly in that I have noted hard and inflexible fuel lines. That’s the precursor to failure. You’ll want to get A1-15 hose for anything around a hot engine. You could use B rated after that, but I stick with the fire rated hose all the way. While some use push-on fittings, I’d suggest taking the old hoses to a hose shop and having new ones made up with OEM ends. If your’s is a charter boat, use the OEM for sure. Don’t forget long loops and chafe protection.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: Fuel Line(s) Leak

Mine have all been changed out to rubber and I agree with Roberts suggestions.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California