Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Finally Bringing Manchioneal Home

We are leaving in the morning for Little River, SC to finally bring our boat home to Colonial Beach, VA, shoving off Sunday. It's been a long time coming and we've had (and needed) much more work done to the boat than we anticipated. We've got a reservation at Seapath Yacht Club in Wrightsville for Sunday night. After that, who knows? The weather forecast isn't great. We have gunk in the port tank. I've got 16 - 30 micron Racors and 10 - 10 micron secondary filters on board. The plan is to change the racors every night as needed until they run clear.

This is a first for us. I'm very excited and a bit nervous. It's about a 480 mile run, depending on the route. We have a friend coming who has done the route 6 or 7 times. Our adventure begins.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Re: Finally Bringing Manchioneal Home

Safe and problem free travels

Swing through Elizabeth City , NC

Robert-

Best of luck and try to enjoy the journey!

Having said that.... remember to check the bowls frequently if you have gunk in the tanks.... you might need to disassemble and clean the Racor tower if it's really bad.... the "ball" check valve can get stuck if you get too much "gunk" in the bowls...
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Robert,

If you are planning a stop in Portsmouth or Norfolk, Virginia, I am located at Tidewater Yacht Marina.

I have a 1982 43' DCFB that I have owned and done lots of work to over the past 3 years since purchasing.

Might be fun to compare and contrast our boats. I am always ready to borrow some ideas.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Check those filters every hour and don’t get any air in the lines while changing them. Have a safe voyage
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Have a great trip and hope you have our luck. When we bought our Hatt we thought the fuel was at least 10 years old and were worried as we had a 500 mile open ocean trip to make so we also brought tons of filters, the good news was we still have most of those filters, didn’t need to change any on the trip. Most of all have fun and enjoy the trip. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbrein View Post
    Robert,If you are planning a stop in Portsmouth or Norfolk, Virginia, I am located at Tidewater Yacht Marina.
    We do plan to stop in Portsmouth and Tidewater is on my list. I'll touch base when we get closer.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Hope it’s a pleasant and uneventful trip. Going outside is when your gunk might cause you problems, especially if the boat hasn’t seen any big waves in a while.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

We are moving along just above Lockwoods Folly inlet. It's a gorgeous day.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA