Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: New Owner Insurance Question

It may have a lot to do with the (perceived) condition of the boat. I am on the east coast and my policy with BoatUS/Geico was $3100 for $130k. I recently dropped it down to $100k and also got a discount because I have car insurance with Geico, and the policy is now $2600.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

I am in Tarpon Springs just North of you and just renewed with Geico. Wallace, Welch and Willingham in St. Pete wrote the policy with Betty Southard as my agent. With a hull value of 88K I am paying just under 3K and that includes part time charters. I do get a discount for my captains license. I think its a couple hundred. I would call Betty especially being so close.

Thank you all for the input. I will be making some calls today and let you know the outcome.

Ouch! Regional differences are crazy.

Pacific NW, 76 Yachtfisherman at $305K value: $3811 annual. Twin River Marine Insurance agency, underwriters: U/W Division. IMU Ocean Marine
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"