Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

New Owner Insurance Question

Hi everyone,
    been lurking here for a while ready all the great information. I bought my 1980 61MY in Salem, Ma in April and brought her home to Dunedin, FL near Clearwater/Tampa.

I bought a policy with Boat US and am wondering if the numbers are good or bad.. Seems high to me but looking for your wise advice.

We are being charged $7200 annually.

Finding a policy during the purchase was a chore so I just went with them. Now that we are home and settled we are ready to get some feedback and quotes...

Thanks!

Dan

Re: New Owner Insurance Question

What was the surveyed value? It seems high to me, but I don't live in that area and I know the premiums are higher in FL because of storm risks- at least I think so.

Surveyed at $130. She needed a ton of clean up and needed some systems fixed. We have fixed everything and she is beautiful. 99% interior wood is flawless... The PO had so much garbage on her that the surveyor could not even get to some areas hahah Took a week and a dumpster to clean her out before we left to come home.

I think that is low and will be getting another survey once all the remodel is completed and electronics are updated.

So basically, we are paying $7200 for hull value of $130

There are a few markets that will do this I may be able to help. Boat is/geico in general is expensive

Boozubay

PM me for my number. I keep my 53 in Mad Beach. Youre paying quite a bit and can put ya in contact with some good options as I just finished insurance shopping myself.

Adam

Following this- we have a1979 yacht fish and paying more than that. value 185k w a 3% ded. shopping to renew soon.
    "Remember"
    1988 67' cpmy
    Hull #301 (hull #1)

"Remember"
    1979 58' Y/F
    Hull #464
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1557868341