Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Guestions from my Hatteras Hunt?

This is on a 1981 43c. Is it normal to have a cleat bolts punched to the exterior Hull? Is this what I am seeing?
    Attached Images
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Re: Guestions from my Hatteras Hunt?

Is this muffler original/standard on a late 80s 48c
    Attached Images
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    This is on a 1981 43c. Is it normal to have a cleat bolts punched to the exterior Hull? Is this what I am seeing?
    If you're asking if that's a factory installed cleat under that blob of line, the answer is, no. That's a dumb place to have installed one.

If you're asking if it's normal for the cleats inside the cockpit to be bolted through the hull, yes, that's the way it came.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 10-10-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

My aft cleats went thru the transom and had an alum plate on the exterior on a boat I had owned.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

As to the muffler, it looks old enough to be OEM on any Hatteras ever built, but whether it is or not, I couldn't tell you. Is that one of the mains, or a genset?

The original genset on my Hatteras 36C was an Onan, long gone, which had a metal muffler. With salt water sitting in it, you can imagine how well THAT held up. When we repowered the boat and installed a diesel genset, it also got a NL muffler- interestingly, much small than the one for the Onan.

The listing does say new generator and muffler, but those pipes and muffler look really big.IMG_20190829_104108.jpg
    Last edited by Eddieclemons; 10-10-2019 at 09:09 PM.