Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Removal of State Room Door Jamb

Better than the idiot that owned my boat before I bought it. He ran the vent hose into the generator room and was a live aboard, it literally destroyed everything in the generator room, including 2 generators, some dc to dc converters and was trying to destroy the wood on the overhead. Lint was everywhere. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Thank you for posting the removal photos.

One of the very worst jobs was in my first two weeks of ownership. The laundry centre was listed as "not drying/working" on the bill of sale.

I opened up the dryer and removed the filter. It was clogged full with clumps of grey woolen material similar to the big rugs home removal vans use to protect furniture. The wool had clogged the filter, under the filter and all the passages back under the drum.

It took more than an hour of prodding and poking and sucking with a makeshift 3/4" pvc hose clamped to a reducer and then to the vacuum's hose. The dryer now works perfectly and there is a reasonable airflow out the clam shell vent. I removed the clam shell once and it was clear. But I would never trust it.

The first time we used the washing machine everything came out with the grey wool attached.

Daewoo now make a very nice little wall mount 5lb washer/dryer combo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqblqE8X5u0

Condensor dryers are now very popular as they don't require an outside vent.
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 10-11-2019 at 03:48 AM.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    You know, for what this is going to cost in time and money, you could just buy a lot of clothing. Just saying.

Just kidding, too.
    Find a European admiral. They are used to small washers (that will fit through the door) and hang drying clothes (because few have dryers). But, new clothing is still cheaper, haha.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

So I got the door jamb cut out today... when I cut it, the top portion just fell out .... it had a datto cut (at least I "think" that's what it's called) in the top.... I could have actually just cut it on one spot at the bottom if I had known that... then there would have been no cut in the middle... oh well... done now...

First pic is the cut even with the floor/carpet
    Second pic is showing the upper door jamb male part of the datto
    Third pic showing the top portion of the jamb and female cut of the datto

IMG_3614.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg
    Last edited by JD5652; 10-12-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL