Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pompanette helm seat bushings

Trying to replace the bushings on my Pompanette 307309 helm seats. Bought the aftermarket ones for 2-7/8” posts but there is too much interference. Does anyone have any suggestions or a supplier for ones that will fit?

Re: Pompanette helm seat bushings

Quote Originally Posted by gmcop1 View Post
    Trying to replace the bushings on my Pompanette 307309 helm seats. Bought the aftermarket ones for 2-7/8” posts but there is too much interference. Does anyone have any suggestions or a supplier for ones that will fit?
    I have not had any luck with this either. Actually considered buying nylon sheet of the correct thickness and trying to form some.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Maybe pompanette
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

You can try them. They are not very helpful, but sometimes you will find someone that cares enough to help you out.

Upon measuring my post and bracket I found that there is only about .020 difference in the inner and outer diameters. So, I guess there is no room for a bushing. Not a great design.

Call Pompanette. Last week I needed a bushing for my Pompanette helm seat, so I looked at their website to find a contact number. I called the Ft. Lauderdale office (954-525-6367). After a 20 second conversation, the representative knew what I needed, took my credit card number, and in about 2 days I had a replacement part.

Perhaps this was a unique occurrence, but my customer support experience with Pompanette was superb!

N. Dow

Quote Originally Posted by ndow View Post
    Call Pompanette. Last week I needed a bushing for my Pompanette helm seat, so I looked at their website to find a contact number. I called the Ft. Lauderdale office (954-525-6367). After a 20 second conversation, the representative knew what I needed, took my credit card number, and in about 2 days I had a replacement part.

Perhaps this was a unique occurrence, but my customer support experience with Pompanette was superb!

N. Dow

Interesting that this is your first post and your profile is not complete. Do you work for Pompanette?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

No, I don't work for Pompanette. I recently purchased a 1990 40' Hatteras and also recently learned of this site for Hatteras owners. I saw the post regarding the Pompanette bushing, and since i just obtained one simply by calling Pompanette, I thought those looking for a bushing would find the information useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ndow View Post
    No, I don't work for Pompanette. I recently purchased a 1990 40' Hatteras and also recently learned of this site for Hatteras owners. I saw the post regarding the Pompanette bushing, and since i just obtained one simply by calling Pompanette, I thought those looking for a bushing would find the information useful.
    Thanks for posting and welcome aboard. You'll love this site since you own a Hatteras.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Some of you may remember my trials and tribulations with Pompanette in regards to wanting new custom made helmseats: https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sh...ght=pompanette I replaced those bushings a few times before realizing that the rough cut tops of the new pedestals were "eating" them. With the last go 'round they sent me some disks that go inside the bushings on top of the pedestals. No more worn out bushings.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"