Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Purasan and Water Pressure

I've installed a Purasan EX waste treatment system on our 43DC. It appears the fill time and resulting water level of the tablet dispenser is dependent on the water pressure, so I have to reset it differently for dock water and for water from the water tank. Further, the water pump kicks on at a low pressure and kicks off when it reaches a high pressure. That affects the fill time and resulting water level of the tablet dispenser as well. Unless I'm missing something, my thought was to install a pressure reducing valve in the system that would correspond to the low pressure cut on of the water pump. Does this sound correct?
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Re: Purasan and Water Pressure

These units are quirky. I have 2 of them on my 41TC. You may want to call Raritan for advice and troubleshooting.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I installed water filters and a pressure regulator. The flush on the Purasan unit now seems stable.
    Attached Images
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Pressure tank looks pretty old. That’d cause pump to cycle a lot.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Pressure tank looks pretty old. That’d cause pump to cycle a lot.
    Right after I got everything together and working the pump stopped building pressure. I ordered a by-pass pump in error, which is made to be used without an accumulator tank, but it seems to be working at this point. If I develop a problem, I should be able to remove the tank and plug it.All I want to do is clean and paint everything in the engine room, but I have so much work to do in there that there's no point in even contemplating it right now. I see these salon layouts with built in furniture and carpet that extends over everything except the central engine hatch and it just doesn't sync with my experience of being in and out of multiple hatches 36x's a day.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA