Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: Beach party in Bimini Bahamas 2of2

What happened with the storm that blew up when you were tied to the dock? That's a shame the boat took such a beating (as it appears to be in nice cosmetic shape). It takes a lot to rip the rub rail off a Hatteras; it must've been a pretty rough storm.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Sure looked that way to me, but he’s only half right... which is actually good for him.

Just out of curiosity, what other boats did you own/operate to get the sea time for your master?

Were you a member of the Biscayne Bay circle club too?
    How's he half right and how's that good for him? Nobody know what inspections we have nor does anyone know what license I have or don't have. I love how people run their mouth and don't know anything. lol
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396
    www.YouTube.com/MASTERPLANMIAMI

Adventure Awaits

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERPLAN MIAMI View Post
    How's he half right and how's that good for him? Nobody know what inspections we have nor does anyone know what license I have or don't have. I love how people run their mouth and don't know anything. lol
    Half right is better than all wrong! LOL

You yourself claim to hold a 100T Master, and it’s obvious your 58 is not an inspected vessel in terms of being certified to carry more than six paying passengers. I assume you know what the term, “inspected vessel” means. As for people running their mouth and don’t know anything...

We still need that popcorn!!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERPLAN MIAMI View Post
    Nobody know what inspections we have
    How tall are those railings? 40" ? 46 CFR 177.900

As far as people giving you crap...... Calling people ignoramuses while they have centuries of LEGAL experience with vessels of all sorts, and more licenses on the wall than you'll ever have is just bad policy. Aside from that, they've seen every "trick" in the book, and they've seen people try to circumvent them. People are going to jail now for breaking these rules.

And then there's rule number one: don't be a dick. A lot of these people know the rules, and the enforcers. Personally.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 10-22-2019 at 01:23 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

The USCG can “inspect” a UPV (Uninspected Passenger Vessel) but it s just a glorified checklist.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

As far as I understand, "Inspected Vessel" means it has a Certificate of Inspection with a manning requirement. Most yachts/pleasure boats could never dream of getting a COI...special design/build requirements are often required.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381