Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: One Post Leads to Another

[QUOTE=racclarkson@gmail.com;357920]Very nice Rusty.Next project (related to fuel) is to disconnect existing tank vents and move to the interior of the cockpit. It's not that I feel compelled to fill the tanks to the brim, it's a case of increasingly zero tolerances for minuscule spills. There are some among us who have experienced this scenario. If you look at the definition of what constitutes a spill, it makes me scared to wear sunscreen lest a droplet of sweat roll off my forehead during a fueling creating a "sheen."[/QUOTEHeard second hand that a guy refueling at my local marina spilled about a tablespoon out the vent. The dock attendant went ballistic (must be a new guy) and said he was reporting him to the Coast Guard. As a precaution, he self-reported. Coast Guard called him back, said they got the report from the marina, thanked him for self-reporting, said they had no choice but to issue a warning, and wished him a nice day. Awhile ago I started taping a diaper under the vent when fueling either boat. I’ve caught a few drips.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Very nice Rusty.

Next project (related to fuel) is to disconnect existing tank vents and move to the interior of the cockpit. It's not that I feel compelled to fill the tanks to the brim, it's a case of increasingly zero tolerances for minuscule spills. There are some among us who have experienced this scenario. If you look at the definition of what constitutes a spill, it makes me scared to wear sunscreen lest a droplet of sweat roll off my forehead during a fueling creating a "sheen."
    Very good point. In fact.... one could make it so that while fueling a clear hose attaches to the vent which drains into an empty milk jug, in sight, so that ANY spills would get caught and not muck up the boat. A gallon oughta be enough.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

A bucket is all I’ll need.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Great idea to re-route the vent and then connect to a container.... That should be done for sure ASAP
    since we all know it is not if we spill a little, but when we do.

Walt

Looks like someone glassed over my "red bolt". Not sure if I should get out the Dremel and grind it away from one bolt so I can stick the tank or not. Thoughts?

69luYjzjS0uEDWdKf5%sGQ.jpg

I did confirm my capacity is the same as Roberts at 915 Gallons so I can at least paint mine since one post leads to another and to more work

N3OyJCUVRxy4WOKsUNdN%Q.jpg