Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Flibs 2019

Re: Flibs 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    I will be coming down as a boatless dreamer. What should be on my must see and to do list?
    Buying a boat is always fun, and think of the money you'll save with a one way ticket. Not to mention you could show up for this raft up on your Hatteras.

There will be plenty of used, brokerage boats at the show. I like looking at those vs the new stuff that reminds me how poor I am. The trophy wife tryouts are always entertaining to watch, but that too reminds me of how poor I am.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

south cocktail barge is a great spot for taking a break.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Oh yes, the FLIBS. Where the boats and most of the boobs and bums are man made! I blame the Kardashians. I'm not getting there this year but it's always fun.

Walt Hoover

I watch the cardassians on star trek and indent see them ruining boating or boobs.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Speaking of boat show, The organizers bh kind the Miami boat show are looking into moving it to September or early October at the request of the city. As Marine Stadium is about to be restored and open the city doesn’t want the facility to be shut down for the 3 months it takes to setup and tear down at the peak of the tourist season

Apparently the city hasn’t considered that having the boat show at the peak of hurricane season isn’t a great idea easpecially considering the big boats are either in the med or New England for summer. Duh...

Would be nice to plan something for Miami, another hatt raft up?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Speaking of boat show, The organizers bh kind the Miami boat show are looking into moving it to September or early October at the request of the city. As Marine Stadium is about to be restored and open the city doesn’t want the facility to be shut down for the 3 months it takes to setup and tear down at the peak of the tourist season

Apparently the city hasn’t considered that having the boat show at the peak of hurricane season isn’t a great idea easpecially considering the big boats are either in the med or New England for summer. Duh...

Would be nice to plan something for Miami, another hatt raft up?
    Didn't they have to cancel FLIBS a while back due to a hurricane?

I know there are plenty of HOFers around Miami. Not sure of FLL. Perhaps Miami would be a better venue for a raft up.

I like the idea of getting together on the booze barge at FLIBS too.

I will be attending the show however I will be leaving my boat here in SC. So land based for me it is.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302
    Little River, South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Didn't they have to cancel FLIBS a while back due to a hurricane?

I know there are plenty of HOFers around Miami. Not sure of FLL. Perhaps Miami would be a better venue for a raft up.

I like the idea of getting together on the booze barge at FLIBS too.
    Many a story has been told on the drinking barge, many of which were actually true. What happens at FLIBS stays at FLIBS... except for the parts that get blasted all over the Internet.

Looks like I'll be able to make it down, but don't even think about showing up with a bottle of Goose and/or a dreadlock hat. Been there, done that! I figure I'm safe on that barge.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by tomrealest View Post
    I like the way you think, Randy!
    Then get that puppy ready! I'll be happy to play Captain or first mate, and I'll promise your wife that I'll keep you out of trouble... at least for the most part.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I would consider taking the boat down but if you're going to put a damper on my activities, why bother?
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible