Two later-model galley up Series I 36s are for sale on this forum. This is unusual in that two of the rarer galley-up version are for sale at the same time. Both are the later model with alrger tanks and FRP exhaust pipes, which I believe came in 1972.

I have owned a similar boat, a 1971 36C for nearly thirty years now. They are really wonderful boats- sturdy, good seakeeping, fairly roomy for their size and age, and some very good amenities such as a real shower and wel-laid out spaces. Mine is the galley down model, so I have not spent nearly as much time on the galley-up version, but in either case, the Hatteras quality and styling are very much in evidence.

These are ideal boats for a modernization, up to and including newer Tier 1 diesels. You can certainly spend a fair amount of money in one, but at the end of the process, you will have a comfortable, fast, safe medium-size convertible for far less than it would cost you to buy a comparable boat new- if anyone makes one, which I don't think they do. Maybe a 35 Bertram, which is well over the cost of updating a Hatteras 36C.

I hope these boats find new homes here. They deserve to.