Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 63 cpmy

63 cpmy

Is this a 58 m/y with a 5 foot cockpit ? Edward

Re: 63 cpmy

I've seen several boats described as 63 CPMY... I've got a 1987 63 MY, it also came as as CP version.. also called a 63 CPMY, but it was actually almost 70 feet. Check the brochure section of this website for the year model for the best info.

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    Is this a 58 m/y with a 5 foot cockpit ? Edward
    Yes. Identical superstructure as the 58MY.

My 1987 63 CPMY is 70 feet from tip to tip. I know because the marinas measure it and charge by the foot.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    My 1987 63 CPMY is 70 feet from tip to tip. I know because the marinas measure it and charge by the foot.
    Hatteras did not include bow pulpits or swim platforms when measuring over all length. They did in
    many cases understate size however. The Series I 48 MY (81-84) is called a 48 but in actuality it's
    closer to 49 ft. I know of no model Hatteras that was ever overstated. Marina's in some cases do
    charge the length including pulpit and swim platform because they want to get paid for the actual space
    that the boat will be occupying. A typical Hatteras 53 MY with pulpit and platform measures over 58 ft
    overall but it's still a 53.....except when paying dock fees....

Walt

We live aboard a 1987 63’ CPMY and it is indeed 70’ overall. It is also 63’ on the waterline. The boat itself is a standard 58’ MY to which Hatteras added their usual 5’ cockpit. Of course, being a factory modification the props and rudders are in the correct location.

As transients we are accustomed to paying for a 70’ section of whatever T-head or face dock we are assigned.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

So the 67 cpmy is a 62 motor yacht with a 5 foot cockpit or a 60 with a 7 foot cockpit ? Edward

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    So the 67 cpmy is a 62 motor yacht with a 5 foot cockpit or a 60 with a 7 foot cockpit ? Edward
    The 67 CMY is a 60MY with a 7' cockpit.

So depending on the per foot marina cost a large swim platform that folds up may pay for itself......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Maybe if you are docked in Monaco or somewhere similarly expensive, otherwise probably not a great deal.