Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Info On Boat Named Windfall

Our search for a MY within our budget in the Great Lakes has reached an end. Now we are expanding our search to the eastern half of the country. We are planning a trip to Stuart Florida this week to look at a 1989 60MY. Any local knowledge of this boat would be greatly appreciated. Her name is Windfall.

Thank you, Dave and Trina.

Re: Info On Boat Named Windfall

Don't have any info, but the boat looks nice and has nice specs.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

It does. Talked to the captain and sounds like it’s as nice as the pictures. We plan to take a look this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Did you get to Stuart? What site is boat listed on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in S Fla View Post
    Did you get to Stuart? What site is boat listed on ?
    https://www.siyachts.com/used-yachts-for-sale/1989-hatteras-motor-yacht_2762019

'88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

Looks fairly clean, could stand some TLC in some places. I think the price is too high, but it isn't my money.

She is pretty and looks like she’s been taken care of. I haven’t looked at the market for this model boat but on the face of it when you think about the bones of these boats..I still can’t believe they go for so little money comparatively speaking. . New boats of this calibre go for many multiples of this price. I’ve seen $1,000,000+ center consoles for goodness sakes. I mean you could buy this boat at face value, and put $500k in TRICKING IT OUT....and still have millions left over vs something comparable new.
    J R McCoy-100 Ton Master1980 53my-“Maggie Mae”Hull #576 Charleston, SC- Isle of Palms

Quote Originally Posted by jrmccoy View Post
    I mean you could buy this boat at face value, and put $500k in TRICKING IT OUT....and still have millions left over vs something comparable new.
    And if you plan to have your Viking burial in it XX years from now that's the thing to do, in fact I'll be doing something along those lines. Don't ever plan to try and recover your money.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

She is in great shape, pro maintained. Sea trialed it and she did a great job. 2250 rpms and 18.6kts on the Garmin. Temps if I remember around 150. No smoke at cold start or under the load. Gennys fire right up, again cold. Have an accepted offer and plan to survey her next week.