Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Installing Power to TVs

I have been installing TVs in the staterooms and trying to figure out the best way to get power to them. The master television is mounted on a swing arm in front of the closet. I was planning on using the power to the closet light, but that may be harder than running power from the A/C unit. Same issue in guest stateroom. What is the common practice?

master.jpg
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Re: Installing Power to TVs

Isn’t the closet light 32v ? I wouldn’t power it from the air con.

In the master I think should be pretty easy to run a wire from an existing outlet along the exhaust hose and install an outlet in the closet.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Closet light is definitely 32v (blue jacket 2 wires) A/C should be 240. The back of that closet should be the wall of the guest stateroom, can you find some power there to tap off of?
    Capt' Hoop (Master 100 Ton/towing)
    1978- 58 MY “Amare La Vita”
    2001- 60C “Noah's Ark”
    1986 Scarab II “Summer Hummer”
    1979 Sleekcraft Aristocrat (jet) “She’s a squirter”

That s right. Mine actually had an outlet above the the night stand with the box inside the master closet. Easy tap
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

The closet lights on my boat are 110, per the wire diagram and per my testing. As are my AC units, and air handlers. The only 220 circuits are the stove and washer/dryer. Even the HW Heater is 110. There is an outlet for the guest room in the closet, I could use that, however, it would be near impossible to remove the closet ceiling, so how would you guys run the wire?

IMG_1015.jpg
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

I would move the tv so its over on the stbd side aft of the head and pick up power over there. Then its not in the way of the closet and power is close by.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

That’s exactly how mine is set up. The power was picked up from the mater head plug. Short run and the TV is out of the way. I’ll send photos in the morning.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Found an old photo in my files. Hope it helps.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

My tv is also mounted on stbd side where I have 110v and a catv port. But I have the queen bed not the split beds.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

I thought about the STBD side but it really needs to be in the center to be shared. The pivot arm works great there and it can be set for either bed or both and swings easily to the side when going into the closet. I will add an outlet in the closet off next to the guest outlet and then use a long power cord.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL