Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is your convertibles bridge clearance?

For you Convertible owners what is your model and your bridge clearance with electronics on top. Thanks.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Re: What is your convertibles bridge clearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    For you Convertible owners what is your model and your bridge clearance with electronics on top. Thanks.
    Aslan is 27' antennas up and 23' absolute.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I forgot about Antennas, I am trying to get a idea of average heights of flybridge and non folding electronics for bridge and slip access. Thanks
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

45c I am 26 feet.

'79 43C is 21.5' to the top of my radar array (which is on a pedestal). The top of the hard top is 17' above the waterline. I lay down my antennae and riggers when I pass under the bridge downstream from my club in New Haven.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I am in the market for a 48-52C and I was hoping to get her into a slip with a 20' entry gutter.

Sounds pretty tight.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

There's always the last covered slip, but only about 23'. After that its outside.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    I am in the market for a 48-52C and I was hoping to get her into a slip with a 20' entry gutter.
    That won’t be a problem UNLESS there is a fixed arch. If you have any aspirations of running to/from the Great Lakes, you’ll need to be just over 19’. Finding a convertible in this size range without a tower will add to your search, but they can always be removed.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

From the brochure archives here. 15’10”
    Attached Images
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93