Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Placed an offer on 1982 Hatteras Cockpit MY

I Pulled the trigger on Small World a 1982 61 Hatteras Cockpit MY. I need your recommendations for the best machinal and hull surveyors in S Florida and anything that will help with the survey process. Appreciate any info.

Re: Placed an offer on 1982 Hatteras Cockpit MY

When I bought my 62 CPMY in Fort Lauderdale, Steve Kambrick did the survey. It has been 8 years since the purchase and I am very pleased with his survey. We were able to address some of the items with purchase price adjustment. More importantly, I have not had anything go wrong that wasn't identified as a potential problem at the time of survey that I decided to live with until failure. Even better, Steve has helped me fix every issue I have had since owning the boat and supervised its yard visits. Usually a survey is a one shot transaction.

Steve's contact information is 904 465 6854. He is based in Bradenton but like everyone, he works in South Florida a good bit of the time.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with cockpit ext.)
    Tampa

Re: Placed an offer on 1982 Hatteras Cockpit MY

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    When I bought my 62 CPMY in Fort Lauderdale, Steve Kambrick did the survey. It has been 8 years since the purchase and I am very pleased with his survey. We were able to address some of the items with purchase price adjustment. More importantly, I have not had anything go wrong that wasn't identified as a potential problem at the time of survey that I decided to live with until failure. Even better, Steve has helped me fix every issue I have had since owning the boat and supervised its yard visits. Usually a survey is a one shot transaction.

Steve's contact information is 904 465 6854. He is based in Bradenton but like everyone, he works in South Florida a good bit of the time.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with cockpit ext.)
    Tampa

Thank you Bruce, I appreciate this information and will contact Steve