Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 58 LRC named Floridian in Cape Coral, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Interesting prices have been dropping on these lrc’s Historically they’ve always commanded a premium and held value through the ups and downs of the boat market
    They have demanded an unwanted premium, IMHO. But, if people are willing to pay, that's all it takes!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    You may have meant "unwarranted". What the buyers are perhaps seeking is a true long range cruiser when they buy a 58 LRC. They do have an honest trans-Atlantic capability. The question in my mind is: Does a sane Captain set off in a 40+ year old (antique) boat to cross an ocean? Maybe it's just nice to know that you can indeed sail off into the sunset should that urge propel you someday.
    Thanks for the correction...spellcheck victim. I know people have done it, but I would not take a LRC too far from land. Just look at the doors and the windows; it isn't truly up to what I consider a blue water vessel. One needs a FPB or a Nordhavn IMHO manage the risks correctly.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Yeah, but it sure is nice to buy 2500 miles worth of fuel when the price is right.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

The only boat (at least in our size range) more complex than a 58 LRC would be a 65 LRC. Or anything made of wood or metal in a comparable size.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    The only boat (at least in our size range) more complex than a 58 LRC would be a 65 LRC. Or anything made of wood or metal in a comparable size.
    I believe the 65 and the 58 are identical as far as systems. The only difference is the added length.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

and how would either the 58 or 65 LRC be more complicated than say a CMY or MY of the same length?????I don't get it .....Pat

Quote Originally Posted by doc g View Post
    and how would either the 58 or 65 LRC be more complicated than say a CMY or MY of the same length?????I don't get it .....Pat
    The MY would be more complex. The engines are turbo and aftercooled where the LRC has naturals.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Most passage makers like the LRC have water makers, redundant electronics and othe systems plus are designed to makenl9ng runs without support. Motoryachts are usually not set up the same. At least not in bv the time they were both made. Today's vessels have more options. Some more complex systems and additional creature comforts.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

So about equally complex, then.

I went down to Cape Coral, FL last week and looked over this boat. It had a nice water maker, a newer good sized dive compressor with cockpit mounted fill station, 3 generators, serviceable electronics, and was in overall serviceable condition with what I could tell from her being in the water. She definitely needed the starboard side deck soft spots repaired and a good exterior compounding and wax. The pictures online definitely did not make her look to good. She also was in need of some serious interior cleaning, and updating. The morning of the final bid acceptance she was at a high bid of $75k. If I would have had my 1967 44 Tri-cabin sold I would have bought that boat.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302
    Little River, South Carolina