Quote Originally Posted by Chasemmc View Post
The project is progressing.Pulled all 250' of chain out of the locker. It's in pretty good shape, not much rust and the most of the galvanizing appears intact. I have released the shackle from the pad eye and cleaned up the locker. Going to paint with Bilgekote, cause if Robert ever was to inspect the work I don't want a disapproving glare.While the paint dries, its time to order the rode to attach to the bitter end. Looks like if I could find an already braided line into the thimble, that would save some time. Plan is to attach thimble to the shackle and then into the pad eye. I'll braid the line to the anchor chain, tapering the end so as not to jamb in the wildcat.I have seen setups on line, but seem to come with 200' of line. I was thinking of only putting 20' in the locker, as it is going to be used for emergency cut loose only.So the question now is, what type of line (amsteel seems like overkill as if it is deployed I'll be cutting it in an emergency). Anyone have a good source for short lengths? Was planning on 5/8" three strand. Is that thick enough?As always the advice is greatly appreciated
If you pass inspection, I’ll cut out a length of 3/4” for you.