Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

gennie room blower

Can't find the switch. Other blower switches at main helm station. Motor located behind washer dryer. Any clue where to find?
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"

Re: gennie room blower

Not sure on yours but on my 53’ it’s next to the generator start switch on the port side electrical panel.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Mine is by the starboard pilot house door by CO2 fire pull cords.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

Mine is to the port of the port engine emergency shutdown, to the left and above the systems monitor. If you have to change the blower, you'll lean about the tunnel!

That's it! Pilot house door under co2 discharge pulls. Never considered as the other side is the co2 discharge indicator light. Whines, but blows strong Anybody rebuild those?
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"

All the fins in mine were completely broken apart I replace the entire unit. I had to cut a hole in the starboard side engine room forward wall to locate the blower. I built a hatch so in case it ever happens again I will have easy access
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Replaced mine, though it is still loud. Had to crawl into space between hull and stairs to galley. Same access to get to rear of washer dryer. Access panel below galley table, no fun if you don't like confined spacers. If I did it again probably pipe and relocate to generator machinery space.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

Talking Re: gennie room blower

Ray, Thats a great idea. Mine is in the same place as yours, but i have the washer/dryer out being replaced. While the W&D is out i'm modifying the stairs, adding a step, lowering the risers, extending the treads. They are too steep and shallow for my rickety knees. But i definately will relocate blower to generator room. Why didn't I think of that........ Thanks for the idea.
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"

Looks like this!
    Attached Images

That guard over the manual extinguisher pull (guessing) reminds me of my neighbor's 65' Hatt they charter. Last charter, one of the guests (probably) said, "I wonder what this does?", and put her in gear at the dock. Wouldn't have been so scary if the crew had been aboard at the time. The charter just before, one of the guests (probably) said, "I wonder what happens if I turn this?", as he fought the captain for steering control.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC