Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for Functional Honeywell T6052 B Thermostat

(NOTICE...I have found and installed one as of 10-1-19. No longer looking, thanks!)

I am looking to purchase a functional (new or good used condition) Honeywell T6052 B thermostat to replace the one originally installed by Hatteras.

If you replaced your old system with the new digital controls do you have one of the old thermostats on a shelf somewhere?

I am posting a couple photos of what they look like in case you are not sure if the one you have lying around somewhere is what I am looking for. It the the unit with the temperature adjustment knob on the top.

(In the first photo below, the fan speed adjustment control is shown above the thermostat, I don't need that, just the thermostat.)

Thanks,
    Nick
    IMG_7539.jpg

T6052B .jpg
    Last edited by Nick in Manitou; 10-01-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    1984 53' Extended Deckhouse
    "Laissez Faire"
    Delivered 1-1-86 (per Sam's)
    Hull #CN737
    Sausalito, CA

Re: Looking for Functional Honeywell T6052 B Thermostat

Testing is easy. The thermostat has 2 circuits. One for heat and one for cool. If you wire the system around the thermostat you will be able to see if its working.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-T60.../dp/B008HOZEKC

Or find another auto changeover line voltage thermostat like this:

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywel...0-Vac-50-60-Hz

oR the best option: Upgrade to the Coastal Climate Control FX1 and get rid of your PWX box and triacs and all of the other troublesome old Cruiseair stuff

https://www.coastalclimatecontrol.co...egory=25823691
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 09-06-2019 at 10:47 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I absolutely agree with Sky about the FX1. i replaced all 4 original units on my 48 MY ('82) and it was
    one of the best upgrades I did. Never had a problem....

Walt

I appreciate the fact that the new controls would be a great replacement for the older stuff, but I am trying to keep the cost down for the time being. (I don't want to seem cheap but at the moment, I need to be frugal.)

The replacement unit that Sky suggests looks intriguing although adapting it might be a challenge for my meager electrical skills.

I thought I had the problem solved (at least for an interim fix) when I saw the new old stock T6052B on eBay. But the seller didn't follow through and actually ship the item to me.

Nick
    1984 53' Extended Deckhouse
    "Laissez Faire"
    Delivered 1-1-86 (per Sam's)
    Hull #CN737
    Sausalito, CA

I do not think (and I could be wrong) that the Honeywell thermostat pictured is original to the dometic/cruisair system.
    Consider replacing the Honeywell thermostat with an original dometic/cruisair thermostat.
    The cruisair thermostat has a remote sensor bulb that goes in the return air duct and can handle the switching of both heat and cold function from a single knob. The thermostat pictured is going to measure the air temperature right at that location while the cruisair device measures the return air temperature.

I have replaced a lot of the bulb type cruisair thermostats and they are still readily available from dometic/cruisair and as well as second sources.
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Nick in Manitou View Post
    I appreciate the fact that the new controls would be a great replacement for the older stuff, but I am trying to keep the cost down for the time being. (I don't want to seem cheap but at the moment, I need to be frugal.)

The replacement unit that Sky suggests looks intriguing although adapting it might be a challenge for my meager electrical skills.

I thought I had the problem solved (at least for an interim fix) when I saw the new old stock T6052B on eBay. But the seller didn't follow through and actually ship the item to me.

Nick
    The FX1 is very simple to install..mostly plug in's Check it out and compare it to everything else incl
    price and I think you may like what you see.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by KPTIM View Post
    I do not think (and I could be wrong) that the Honeywell thermostat pictured is original to the dometic/cruisair system.
    Consider replacing the Honeywell thermostat with an original dometic/cruisair thermostat.
    The cruisair thermostat has a remote sensor bulb that goes in the return air duct and can handle the switching of both heat and cold function from a single knob. The thermostat pictured is going to measure the air temperature right at that location while the cruisair device measures the return air temperature.

I have replaced a lot of the bulb type cruisair thermostats and they are still readily available from dometic/cruisair and as well as second sources.

All mid 80's Hatts had the Honeywell stat
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-T60.../dp/B008HOZEKCOr find another auto changeover line voltage thermostat like this:https://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywel...0-Vac-50-60-HzoR the best option: Upgrade to the Coastal Climate Control FX1 and get rid of your PWX box and triacs and all of the other troublesome old Cruiseair stuffhttps://www.coastalclimatecontrol.co...egory=25823691
    I have problems with the old ones on my 54MY, and would be tempted to try the fx Unit. But I can't find the wiring diagram for the Honeywell? Could anyone tell me how to rewire from the Honeywell to the FX? ThanksKristian

Quote Originally Posted by kflod View Post
    I have problems with the old ones on my 54MY, and would be tempted to try the fx Unit. But I can't find the wiring diagram for the Honeywell? Could anyone tell me how to rewire from the Honeywell to the FX? ThanksKristian
    https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...0s/95-6979.pdf
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears