Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Nice and Safe for Dorian's Journry past NJ

CRICKET_09-06-2019.jpgDorian_high_tide.jpg

Had to move the boat to the other side of the bay into a protected marina, probably 1 more high tide to get through.
    Last edited by Cricket; 09-06-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Re: Nice and Safe for Dorian's Journry past NJ

Best of Luck!

We are not supposed to see much at all here in CT.... I'm staying put in my slip in Mystic... did throw a couple extra lines and fenders on though....
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Holden - looks nice. Not expecting much up here on the North side of Long Island.

Well, Dorian is up here in Nova Scotia now (3 pm), eye supposed to go over Halifax around 6 pm so here in Chester about an hour earlier. Gusting about 60 kts now, predicted to be about 100 mph. later. Fortunately Fanfare is safe in Ft. Lauderdale. Friends are on our mooring, OK so far. Presently downgraded to Category 1 so no comparison to the Bahamas. Very worried about our friends down there!

Lights flickering so I better get this off while I can.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

The winds were screaming on Friday at my slip. I had to pull my Bimini down before Dorian did which wasn't an easy task.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

1 pm Sunday in Nova Scotia. Pretty windy last night (forecast was for 100 kt. gusts--I'm a believer!), we lost a few branches, luckily nothing serious. Surge was as high as our dock, a foot or so over our sea wall. 35 ft. sailboat ashore on the beach next to our dock, mooring swivel broke, another boat 100 yds. on other side, probably no major damage to either. High tide at 5 pm this afternoon so will try to pull them off then. Eye crossed Halifax, about 60 miles north of us then turned westerly up to Prince Edward Island and on toward Newfoundland. Good riddance!
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

How many different countries will this storm effect?

It just wont go away.

I hope everyone is safe and sound. We had minimal damage here but I'm sure others in the states were not so lucky.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.