Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Looking for educated est. on boat travel days. Baltimore Area, West Palm, Ft Myer

I have done Baltimore to Miami and I've done the OWW from Stuart to Mobile....all more than once.....and I agree with Pascal that allowing for laydays ( we took a few) and weather but with a reasonable determination to get to the intended destination....17 days (+/-) would suffice.

Re: Looking for educated est. on boat travel days. Baltimore Area, West Palm, Ft Myer

I brought ours down from Boston to Tampa. We averaged 100mi per day. We pushed on the last few days to 160 but that was a bear....

Quote Originally Posted by boozubay View Post
    I brought ours down from Boston to Tampa. We averaged 100mi per day. We pushed on the last few days to 160 but that was a bear....
    How many travel days?
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

FWIW, Orange Beach to Nashville is 6-7 days..

Remember as the days grow shorter you have less daylight hours to run.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Y'all are wonderful and the real numbers really help us with understanding what we would be getting into at a minimum. I had a broker loosely say 15,000 would be a minimum with Captain and fuel and I would say he was pretty close plus other fees.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Paschal is on target, as are others here. Hull speed gets incredibly monotonous but (at least in my experience) things tend break less, and cost less when they do, than at planing speed. I’ve often referred back to my Grandfather’s advice in situations like these....”no sense in being in a hurry unless you are really in a hurry”. I would run it up occasionally to keep carbon buildup to a minimum, then hull speed the rest of the way.
    Just my $.02
    Capt' Hoop (Master 100 Ton/towing)
    1978- 58 MY “Amare La Vita”
    2001- 60C “Noah's Ark”
    1986 Scarab II “Summer Hummer”
    1979 Sleekcraft Aristocrat (jet) “She’s a squirter”

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    I had a broker loosely say 15,000 would be a minimum with Captain and fuel and I would say he was pretty close plus other fees.
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.
    Impressed