Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headboard

Headboard

A year ago or so someone posted a picture of a headboard they had made, I think the boat was a 43 or 48 motor yacht. If possible could you repost the pic. Thanks, John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Re: Headboard

Not to derail your thread but saw a picture one time of a teak swim platform converted to a head board looked pretty cool

We didn't make our master headboard but we did recover it. '88 55'C has ours hung the on wall, all it is constructed of is a 1/2" piece of plywood with 1" of foam and exterior material. Very simple project

I had some time on my hands and searched the forum but couldn’t find the photo you were looking for John. Hopefully somebody will remember and repost it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I removed my headboard. It wasn't my style in upholstery and it blocked access to my rear window egress.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Hi John,

Perhaps it was on my boat you saw it.

I purchase an ebay type grey headboard with great double stitching for the king bed. It was short in height and could be bolted through from the other side. 4 years on still going well.

This is what I purchased.. about US$45! Much cheaper than making it yourself or having one custom made. I did not use the legs.

https://www.factoryfast.com.au/produ...iABEgK5qPD_BwE
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Here’s a couple pics of a head board I had made.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Thanks to both of you, gives us some good ideas. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.