Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Robert Clarkson ASLAN Dorian?

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Robert your fuel burn sounds off to me. 5 hours to do 45 miles tells me you were running about 9 knots. My burn at that speed is about 15GPH or 0.6 NMPG. That would be 75 gallons pretty much either way less generator. Maybe the round trip will be 200 gallons. Hope everything comes out well for you. We dodged the bullet over here but were in the cross hairs a couple days
    ”5H-45M” is five hours and forty-five minutes. Distance approximately 83 STM via AICW. Fuel figure was taken from Floscan. So that’s going to be about 400 gallons round trip. Took on 300 gals on arrival, so will end up down a hundred when I’m RTB.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

That makes more sense. I guess its the language barrier lol. Pilot speak vs. contractor speak. I thought it was 5 hours, 45 miles.

Hello Robert,

Dorian is big news over here.

From your writings, what does this mean: "We will flood and overtop the bulkheads"
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by scottinsydney View Post
    Hello Robert,

Dorian is big news over here.

From your writings, what does this mean: "We will flood and overtop the bulkheads"
    Scott,

Here is a pic from a couple of hurricanes back. The water eventually made it 16" over the top of the pictured bulkhead in another storm. Spent a lot of time loosening lines. I also had to rig a lifeline to enable me to get on and off the boat safely.

IMG_8449.jpg

With Dorian, we were barely touched at Hilton Head Island. There was no surge. Actually, there was higher water that overtopped the lock last week during the perigean tides.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Aslan is RTB. My dock at St. Johns Yacht Harbor was damaged, so I was relocated to another dock. Other than that, all is well, and think we dodged a pretty large caliber bullet.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC