Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hatteras sinking thread on THT?

Sorry if it's been posted here already but a sad/interesting chain of events going on over on tht with a hat seemingly put in a very bad situation by the owner. Anyone here know the whole story?

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating...t-say-you.html

Last edited by rustybucket; 09-03-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Re: Hatteras sinking thread on THT?

at what hour can this be considered a salvage operation?

So sad

The guy even video the beaching and posted it in his FB Page! I hope the insurance doesn’t pay him.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

What model is that?

I'd like to have the flybridge.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

What an idiot
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    What an idiot
    Idiots, unbelievable
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Even with my 31C I see that as the worst possiable choice, Try to get out of harms way. But to pretty much just total it, that's just fucking stupid. it's gone before the storm "Might" track through there.

I think it could have been done better but that was what he had to work with. We don't know what his situation was.
    When Jack bought his 65 Hat, he asked me to come with him as he has never made the trip north from Florida to North Carolina.
    We left in good weather and somewhere along the way there was an invest, but it wasn't expected to do much. After a couple of days
    we made a fuel stop at Cape Canaveral. We were told we could get fuel but had to leave the next morning.
    We then made another stop, Fernandina, but again we were told we couldn't stay there more than overnight
    The next stop was in Charleston and again we were told we were unable to stay there because of the possible storm
    coming. So the next day the weather was calm but we were worried about where to stop next. After making numerous calls
    to places we could possibly stay, Jack got a hold of Tom Slane who had a friend who could get us a slip.
    For us ,we made out.
    Maybe this guy didn't have someone to call to help him out. I believe there was a law enacted that said that when a boater is in harms way
    and needs a dock for safety they must take be let in.

H beached the boat deliberately? Seems a poor choice, to me.