Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: 12v71 TI Detroit’s

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Boys, boys. Why don't you take it private. Better yet, walk away.
    Oh yeah!! Well my 8v92's are 1001hp!!

Only one way to settle this!! Hook up anchors and have a pullin contest! In reverse of course! rofl
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

As I have said many many times over the years, the foolishly hot rodded engines in my boat aren't something to brag about, or something to strive for.
    They are a defect that so far hasn't bitten me (fingers crossed).
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Quote Originally Posted by kelpy View Post
    That is quite the resume there Dave. I could only wish.
    I did do some desert riding thru the years but team racing and cars were not happening. Family, talent and money determined that.

That LSR effort is amazing. Thats a bunch of power out of one liter. Ill bet Berty54 claims you can only get 350 HP though!!
    Not at all ... I have nothing but respect for a racer. But - facts are facts. I will always hold even a closest friend accountable for the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydave215 View Post
    Not really, the Unlimited Class bikes mostly use 1250cc-ish four cylinder engines based on Hyabusas or ZX14's and routinely make 1000 hp burning "gasoline" with a lot of boost (over 50 psi is typical) and dry ice intercoolers.
    However, a twin of sufficient displacement has a bigger bore (longer flame front travel time and less resistance to detonation) and a longer stroke which limits peak rpm (power).
    But.... we beat the factory teams from Harley, Victory, and Ducati with an Aprilia built in my garage with zero factory involvement, so we felt we did OK.
    The event we run is a standing start mile, so it is sort of a cross between a normal dragstrip and Bonneville. We did all our runs at The Texas Mile but these events are run all over the world and the records are shared.
    We have the ONLY twin in the 200 mph club.
    It's not like we just showed up and set records, it took countless hours, dollars, weeks spent on the dyno, and five trips to the mile before we figured out the combination.
    If it was easy anyone could do it.
    I have a close friend named Jim Coughlin ... about your age ... similar privateer effort. I think he raced the 350 class. He's a sailor now .. its a wonderful legacy.